Re: [orca-list] Orca's speech output when switching through programs

I don't think so.
Youshould update orca though.
There have been a couple posts over the last few weeks with the instructions on adding the accessibility ppa
to get the latest packages that orca needs
and much newer versions of orca. This will make the biggest diofference when using firefox, but will help
with some other things as well.
Excuse the sloppy typing.
OK, I added the accessiblity repo to my list of Ubntu/Vinux software sources/will paste in below.
This is not needed with Vinux as vinux always has latest Orca that can be installed  on any given release.
I suggest getting Vinux5 when it comes out instead of usiing straight Ubuntu/should be very soon, maybe with
in a couple of weeks.
This repo includes accessiblity stack and orca itself.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:accessibility-devel

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Julius Charles Serrano wrote:
Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 09:35:31AM +1300

Hi everyone.

I have used Vinux for quite a long time now and have just tried the standard
Ubuntu - using it 3 to 4 hours daily. I'm using Orca 3.10 on Ubuntu 14, and
I'm happy with it.

I'd like to ask about one thing I noticed when I'm moving from one open
program to another, using Alt+Tab.

After pressing Alt+tab, Orca says "Switcher window, switcher toolbar",
instead of the name of the program I have just moved to. I then have to
press insert+Enter to make Orca speak the title of the window, to know which
program I've moved to.

This becomes quite a challenge when I have multiple open windows.

May I ask if there is a setting I can modify or anything I can do to make
Orca speak the name of the program I am on after pressing Alt+Tab?

Thank you very much.

Julius