Re: [orca-list] a possible bug in the new list code

This isn't exactly new, but since changes are being made to the Gecko code, I
thought I'd mention this here, especially since it involves lists.

I indicated that GTK lists should be reported as lists, but that item counts
only need to be spoken when Speak Child Position is enabled. However, I have
noticed the same issue in Firefox that was present in yesterday's GTK list code.
An example of this can be found at
http://kyle.tk/test.html
I created a selection listbox called "Light bulbs" and listed
incandescent
halogen
compact fluorescent
LED
The selection list is focusable, and I am able to navigate the list. Speak Child
Position also behaves as expected, telling me which item I have focused.
However, upon focusing the listbox with Speak Child Position enabled, I hear
List with 4 items. Incandescent. 1 of 4.
Whereas I am expecting to hear something like either
Light bulbs List. Incandescent. 1 of 4.
or
List. Incandescent. 1 of 4.
With Speak Child Position disabled, I expect to hear either
Light bulbs list. Incandescent.
or
List. Incandescent.
but instead I hear
List with 4 items. Incandescent.
It seems to make no difference whether my verbosity is brief or verbose; Orca is
always presenting the selection list in this way. Note that I gave two different
expected presentations of this list in each case above, but the most helpful
would be if the name attribute of the select element could be used to present my
example listbox as "Light bulbs list" rather than simply as "list." Thanks for
any help.
Sent from the inside of an incandescent light bulp