[orca-list] Slightly off-topic: new prototype speech synthesizer from NV Access

NV Access (i.e., the developers of NVDA) are creating a new prototype
synthesizer, NV Speech Player, available under the GPL.

From the README file:
"It generates speech using Klatt synthesis, making it somewhat similar to
speech synthesizers such as Dectalk and Eloquence."

Git repository: https://bitbucket.org/nvaccess/speechplayer.git

I haven't found any evidence of effrts to make it run under Linux, but if
anyone in the community has time to work on it, I'm sure it can be made to
work, ultimately with Orca and other Linux-based tools.