[orca-list] Brltty and Orca

Hello.

I'm trying to develop an accessible application using ATK but no GTK or
other toolkit [1] ; Alejandro Piñeiro has been very helpful, and I hope
to be converging to the solution.

Anyway the conversation, and some feedback by others, made me understand
that Brltty is not an AT-SPI client, which was surprising to me.  Now
that I've a little more knowledge about the accessibility subsystem I'll
watch again Samuel Thibault's videos, which are often enlightening,
paying attention to this detail.

In any case, when developing my application and looking at others, I
notice that brltty seems to renders the same "text" vocalized by Orca --
and when an application window is vocalized as "inaccessible" by orca,
so it is recognized by brltty as well.  They seem to be tightly coupled
somehow.

My question is definitely naïve.  Would you have any pointers about the
dependency relation between those two pieces of software?

Thanks in advance,

[1] http://osdir.com/ml/debian-accessibility/2015-06/msg00033.html

--
Luca Saiu