[orca-list] making punctuation the same typing and reading?

Hello,
Is there a reason why ' is quote when typed and Apostrophe when read and deleted?
Is there a way for me to make ' always Apostrophe? Likewise, is there a way for me to make quotes (") to say quote without the s?
Also, - is called dash when deleted and hyphen everywhere else.
There are a lot of problems with the current punctuation typing. How can I fix this?
Thank you,