Re: [orca-list] Should bookmarks move focus, or use flat review, or just present contents?

hi
I'll vote for both a and b, which might make orca do c, I'm not sure.
An example of this would be bookmarking an icon in nautilus.
Currently, if I bookmark a file or folder and then try to return,
often I won't even get close. What orca seems to do is speak the top
line of nautilus which is usually the title bar. If I check flat
review, sometimes it jumps to my bookmarked icon, assuming I'm in the
same folder where I bookmarked it. If I bookmark an icon and then
change folders, of course it can't jump there, so it jumps to the menu
bar. In gecko, bookmarks behave differently. When you bookmark
something there, and then return to it, the karet jumps to that
location. I'm not sure what flat review does.
Thanks
Kendell clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

One of my to-ask-later questions was alluded to by Kendell, so I'll
ask it now: When you use a quick key to access a bookmark (next,
previous, or numbered), should it:

a) Move focus there? b) Move the flat review context there? c) Just
speak and braille the contents?

The to-be-created list of bookmarks can provide all three. I just
want to know about the quick key expectations for now.

And I'm sure at least one person is about to say: d) User
configurable! <grins> Before we make things more complicated than
it needs to be, let's pretend d) is not an option. Choose a), b),
or c). Bonus points for real-world examples from your current
usage.

Thanks again! --joanie