[orca-list] Asking for Orca, WebKitGTK caret position

Hi all

I am trying to improve reading experience with Ppub,
a simple Epub reader writen in Python GTK and WebKitGTK.
I would like to implement bookmark capabilities better than it has by now.
Ppub currently saves bookmark as chapter and the scroll value from a GTK Scroll widget as this could work visually, Orca don't have correspondency between caret position and what scroll widget shows. I am looking for getting WebKit caret position, saving and restoring it, like Orca's bookmark support
that I have tried in this app with no luck.

Any suggestion?
Does WebKitGTK have a method for setting or getting caret position in document?
Might this be done in an Orca' script?
I want to think Orca's choice is the way to go, but don't know where to start. I will look for gecko's bookmark support

Thanks,

Javier