[orca-list] Mutt Installation on Ubuntu Mate 15.04

I tried to install the mutt package and got stuck when it asked about configuring the package as part of the installation. I don't know how to select an option using Orca in the terminal. Spacebar and enter seem to have no affect. Then I cancel the installation and I cannot install anything else until I configure dpkg. Then I'm back to the mutt installation so I effectively cannot install packages on this machine.
How do I proceed?
Rill