Re: [orca-list] Voxin and rate

hi
I've noticed this here as well, and I don't use voxin. The problem
seems to be that the rate keybinding adjusts the rate, but either orca
or speech-dispatcher don't get the message that something has changed.
The only way to make it permanent is to reload orca's preferences, but
of course that sets the rate back to what it's set to in settings.
Same goes for volume, pitch, etc. I've noticed taht when changing
orca's settings, especially if you change the synthesizer, orca
doesn't fully switch everything over until you've loaded orca's
preferences twice. I suspect a bug in orca, but I don't know how to
track it down.
Thanks
Kendell clark

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
Hi,

Orca 3.16.

I need your help in order to determine where is located a speech
bug on Voxin. Here's the situation: 1. I create a binding to
increase/decrease the rate. 2. I press this shortcut.

Here, behavior is "random", but if I try to sum up somewhat: - In
Writer: * SayAll feature speaks at the expected rate; * Pressing
down arrow key speaks at the original rate. Why?

- In Thunderbird 38: * When Orca speaks a window title or "blank",
it's the expected !ate. * With arrow keys, it doesn't work always.
Anyway, doesn't work in a message window. Rate is increased only in
the main Thunderbird window.

Can someone reproduce? Tell me wether problem is in Orca setting or
in speech-dispatcher? Or voxin itself?

Thanks,

Regards,