Re: [orca-list] Defunt objects causing crashes

Hey Javier, all.

To follow up on this: I set up a mail folder with over 32,000 messages
and I can reproduce the problem now in which Orca does not present
Thunderbird at all, even if you Alt+Tab out of it and back into it.
That's the good news. The bad news is that I can also reproduce the
exact same problem in Orca 3.16. The debug.out output is different: In
Orca 3.16 you'll see a lot of things like this:

vvvvv PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:state-changed:focused vvvvv
OBJECT EVENT: object:state-changed:focused             detail=(1,0,0)
IGNORING DEFUNCT OBJECT
TOTAL PROCESSING TIME: 0.0001
^^^^^ PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:state-changed:focused ^^^^^

In Orca master you'll just see an "ERROR:" line because the above output
indicates that we took the time to queue up the event, dequeue it, and
attempt to process it. Now we don't waste time (and performance)
queueing, dequeuing, and attempting to process something we have
determined was dead on arrival. But in neither case is anything spoken.

I am unable to reproduce a case where Thunderbird is presented in Orca
3.16 but not presented in Orca master. Now that I have this mail folder
with over 32,000 messages in it and see the problem, I'd greatly
appreciate steps I can reproduce in which master is broken but 3.16 is
not because if such a case still does exist, I really want to fix it.

Thanks!
--joanie