Re: [orca-list] Mutt questions?

covici ccs covici com writes:
What is push2ff?  Can it be used in a text console?

My bad, sorry!

It's just a bash script ...

/begin code/
#!/bin/bash
export DISPLAY=:0
firefox -remote openURL\($1\)
sudo chvt 1
/end code/

hth

Janina

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:

Dave Hunt writes:
I have two questions re:  the setup of mutt email client:

1) how do I get mutt to launch a browser and pass the selected link from
a message?

I use my $HOME/.mailcap for this:

/begin code/
text/html; sh ~/bin/push2ff %s ; 'test= pidof firefox
/end code/

The above assumes Firefox is already running. I never succeeded getting
ff to launch via mailcap on some similar command, were it not already
running.

2) How do I make tab completion and the alias menu work?

It should just work. Say more, please.

Janina

Attached is a sample ~/.muttrc, with the only difference being that
personally-identifiable info is removed.  Using this configuration, I
can launch a browser using 'ctrl-b', but no url is selected.  In the
message header input fields, the only way I can get aliases expanded is
to type the entire nickname; tab just rings the terminal bell, and no
menu ever comes up.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

# A basic .muttrc for use with Gmail

# Change the following six lines to match your Gmail account details
set imap_user = "MYGmeilUsername"
set imap_pass = "MYDirtySecret"
set smtp_url = "smtp://MyGmeilUsername:587/"
set smtp_pass = "IfITelluIHave2Killu"
set from = "MyGmailUsername gmail com"
set realname = "Sexy Nerd"

# Change the following line to a different editor you prefer.
set editor = "nano"
set alias_file=~/.mutt/aliases
set sort_alias=alias
set reverse_alias=yes
source ~/.mutt/aliases
#  url viewer macro
macro pager \cb <pipe-entry>'iceweasel %s&'<enter> 'Follow links in iceweasel'

# Basic config, you can leave this as is
set folder = "imaps://imap.gmail.com:993"
set spoolfile = "+INBOX"
set imap_check_subscribed
set hostname = gmail.com
set mail_check = 120
set timeout = 300
set imap_keepalive = 300
set postponed = "+[GMail]/Drafts"
set record = "+[GMail]/Sent Mail"
set header_cache=~/.mutt/cache/headers
set message_cachedir=~/.mutt/cache/bodies
set certificate_file=~/.mutt/certificates
set move = no
set include
set sort = 'threads'
set sort_aux = 'reverse-last-date-received'
set auto_tag = yes
ignore "Authentication-Results:"
ignore "DomainKey-Signature:"
ignore "DKIM-Signature:"
hdr_order Date From To Cc
alternative_order text/plain text/html *
auto_view text/html
bind editor <Tab> complete-query
bind editor ^T complete
bind editor <space> noop

# Gmail-style keyboard shortcuts
# macro index,pager y "unset trash\n " "Gmail archive message"
# macro index,pager d "set trash=\"imap://imap.googlemail.com/[GMail]/Bin# # #  \"\n " "Gmail delete
message"
#  macro index,pager gi "=INBOX" "Go to inbox"
#  macro index,pager ga "=[Gmail]/All Mail" "Go to all mail"
#  macro index,pager gs "=[Gmail]/Starred" "Go to starred messages"
#  macro index,pager gd "=[Gmail]/Drafts" "Go to drafts"

#end-----------------------------------------

alias shantimission Free Software Activism & Outreach <shantimission blu org>

Janina Sajka,       Phone:  +1.443.300.2200
                    sip:janina asterisk rednote net
            Email:  janina rednote net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:   http://a11y.org