Re: [orca-list] How should Orca present text attributes in "proofreading" mode?

Hi Joanie, I hope things are well.

With respect to your question, I have come up with one idea that may provide some direction.

If I come up with any more, I will chime in again.

Scenario

With Sound *Sound implementation signalling there are atributes within that current line of text you are in.

Perhaps just a subtle beep

This will tell the user that there are formatting styles present, and can open the dialog you have suggested.

Text: "Hello world! This is a very shiny test."

So, in this example, at the beginning of the line, a subtle sound will play telling the user there is
formatting present.

Once the dialog is present, I would say the best approach would be to have the dialog present the sentences
that contain formatting.

The Sentence can be at the top of the tree, and once the user arrows down, they can hear the following

*World is in bold

and so fourth.

Scenario 2

The sound queue is disabled and the user automatically brings up the dialog

Wherein, you could use the case in Scenario 1, just the user initiated the scan themselves, without going
through the document, and no sound queues.

It is likely that a tree may be the best approach as doing the following would be very informative, but
perhaps slow in editing, or viewing

Text: Hellow World!

Hello World! *World is in bold*

This is just  my thoughts at present.

If I should come up with any more ideas on how to implement this or a better way of going about it, I will
chime in again.

I know that Modifier + F can get you some of these results, but a method of proof reading would be so much
faster in telling the user what is going on in a given document.

Take care,

Alfonzo cuellar