Re: [orca-list] Comments and change tracking in LibreOffice Writer with Orca

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <texou actux eu org> wrote:

Know today that:
1. Some study is doing to identify a11y bugs of LO and fix them. While it is
for NVDA, I hope the fixes will concern GNU/Linux as well.

I hope so too.

2. This study, driven by the French State, will enable to write a request
for code, that will be done by a third-party company.

I hope it's one of the well known organizations with significant free/libre
software and accessibility experience. Igalia would be a good choice in my
opinion.

3. We plan a crowd-funding to pay for such changes too, if the 1st approach
doesn't give good results for GNU/Linux.

There's enough money being made from Linux and free software generally, and
sufficient regulatory demand for accessibility, that there ought to be a way
to channel some of those resources into development efforts.

Basically, we need to reinstate and surpass the level of development support
that was in place when Sun and IBM were both contributing development effort.