Re: [orca-list] Non-latin languages

Hello,
Orca can't switch TTS language automatically for example when proper markup is detected inside a document such as on the web and / or within libre office documents however if you set your TTS and orca interface language manually or via profile, then you can read whatever language you like. Depending on the synth you do have some limited choices. With eSpeak for example choosing russian or chinese voice you will get latin texts read with english pronunciation and russian text with russian pronunciation and so on. I don't know multilingual orca users who take advantage of these features in person but I guess José is switching between english and portuguese settings via orca profiles and it is working fine.

Greetings

Peter