Re: [orca-list] the low cost canute braille display

no not really. Once you get fast at it with practice you can do homework and most anything you could do on your perkins brailler. I have a whole addressbook in a binder written on thermoform all brailled with the slate and stylus. one of the plastic 4 line 28 cell slates and saddle styluses.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 7/6/2015 10:25 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty handy for jotting down short notes and phone numbers and things like that but for doing an
entire homework assignment, it's got to be pure murder!

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Chaltain [mailto:chaltain gmail com]
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 7:11 AM
To: Alex Midence; B. Henry; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] the low cost canute braille display

A slate and stylus is a lot more portable than a Perkins Brailler. Being able to use a slate and stylus is a
good skill to have.

On 07/05/2015 10:21 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
Jesus!   A slate and stylus?!  Are you kidding me?  I've never made it
through an entire sentence with one of those damn things without a
cramp and a few choice curses. Why can't they get Perkins Braillers?
OMG!  A slate and stylus!!

Alex M