Re: [orca-list] When using "Show pointer location" setting from GNOME Tweak Tool, the currently focused window's title is read

Hi Zahari.

I can confirm the behavior. The problem is that all Orca sees is that
your current window gets deactivated and then reactivated; Orca doesn't
know why. Even if I wanted to hack around this in Orca to ignore it as
you suggest, I would need something definitive by which to identify this
situation. I don't have that. Orca would see something very similar (if
not the same) if:

1. You were using a window manager in which the active window changes
   based on hovering the mouse over a different window.
2. You clicked with the mouse in an inaccessible window.
3. Your app crashed and your window manager did not give some other
   window focus.
4. Your app crashed and the resulting "tell the developers!" dialog
   was not accessible.

And in those cases, I'm guessing you would not want Orca to ignore it.

--joanie