Re: [orca-list] espeak for linux!

Yes, you could install it, but perhaps better would just be to download, extract the espeak-date/voices
directory, and copy in to your existing
installed espeak any voices that are not part of the Ubuntu package.
Contact me off list if you have any questions or doubts as to where to copy things.
Orca can't use variants separately, i.e. you need to make a new voice file that incorperates the variant you
want in to a new voice file, e.g. you could
make a Spanish male voice that uses the klatt2 variant. This is done by appending the contents of the klatt2
variant file on to the end of the default
Spanish voice.
I have made a handful of voice files, about half are just stock voice/variant conbinations made appending a
variant on to the end of a voice file, and
doing a minor edit job that includes giving the voice a name, e.g. changing
name english
name english-freddy
If not you will have more than one file with the same name when using orca, and it'll be hard to remember
which voice is which.
You'll have to remove duplicate names as the variant files, found in espeak-data/voices/!v/
The other voices I've made are new ones I've made by editing an existing voice, or appending a variant on to
a voice and modifying tones, equalization,
echo, etc., etc.
Regards,
--
B.H.

     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Amir wrote:
Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 12:40:02AM +0800

   Hi,
   but what if i install it to my ubuntu system? will orca sees it? and will
   i able to use the variants added to the espeak?