Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: [Support] autoinstall of talking arch

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:
I am pretty sure it would not be hard to adapt the Manjaro installer for arch if anyone really wants to do
this, but again, arch is not the distro for
those who do not know enough to deal with the installation process.  Just installing something is hardly
the whole show.

I agree. I installed Arch for the first time late last year and it wasn't
difficult to do. Nor did I have any difficulty setting up GNOME and Orca. So
far as I can remember, it all worked as intended.

The documentation at the Arch wiki is excellent.

Basic system administration skills (i.e., knowledge of the shell and of a text
editor) is required; but I am increasingly of the view that Linux is not and
never will be right for people who don't possess or who aren't willing to
learn these fundamentals. For those who just want a GUI and who want it to
work, there are other options such as OS X, Chrome OS, mobile operating
systems, Microsoft Windows, etc. Nevertheless, the Linux tools remain uniquely
powerful and useful, and the shell environment is truly unsurpassed.

Thanks to Joanie and others, the GUI environment is somewhat accessible, and
important tasks such as accessing the Web can be performed comfortably.

Arch Linux is a superb example of the strengths of this environment and I
recommend it highly.