Re: [orca-list] Getting lxde running on arch

also Ubuntu mate is yet another option.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 2/10/2015 12:09 PM, B. Henry wrote:
Make sure you have  your GTK and QT accessibility stuff set, for sure you should have this in
/etc/profile.d/, and the gtk stuff may also need to go in
to your ~/.xinitrc, __BEFO
RE the exec startlxde or what ever you must put to start lxde.
The GTK code is
#!/bin/bash
## To hopefully give graphical desktop environments accessibility with gtk aps

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

Just use the last two lines in your .xinitrc, or add the comment if you wish, and copy the whole thing,
)comment of course is optional), in to a file
called something like gtk_access.sh to use in /etc/profile.d/
You will already have the QT file assuming you have qt-at-spi, but in the off chance you do not the only line
that needs to be in
/etc/profile.d/qt-accessibility.sh is
export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
Unless something has changed in arch since my last test you will want to replace pcmanfm with pcmanfm-git
from the aur.
I do not use lxde, found it less stable with multiple GUI apps running than  alternatives years ago, and
never bothered to retest after a knopix release
from 3 or 4 years ago, but pcmanfm is a must install for any accessible Linux desktop I know of. It is much
faster speakinig directory contents when
there are hundreds or thousands of entries, provides most all of the features and functionality offered by
any other slower and more resource intensive
file manager. Now that nautilus has removed functionality anbd "modernized" its interface pcmanfm has more
features I think. Caja does what nautilus
used to, and with the exception of seahorse integration for gpg encryption etc, is also a bit more feature
rich than nautilus
these days unless I am missing something very hidden.
The one major problem with pcmanfm is that desktop icons are not shown to orca.
You may also wish to try XFCE assuming not having panel or desktop accessibility is not an issue for you.