Re: [orca-list] Espeak weirdness in arch?

hi
I've seen this as well, although this shouldn't happen unless you build
espeak from source, which I'm assuming you haven't done. If this
happens, try executing the following command. cd /usr/local. sudo rm
-rf *. This will remove any local copies of binaries built from source.
If this fails then it's a problem with the espeak package, which I'll
fix immediately. I'm going to switch over to the espeak ng fork since
it now builds properly, but I haven't done this yet. Espeak spelling
things out instead of saying them means there's a problem with the
phonemes file, which is built when espeak itself is built from source.
Fixing this requires espeak to be re-built from source. You can either
do this yourself or wait until a fixed package shows up, which I'll get
right on. It might take a couple of hours since I have to contact the
manjaro development mailing list to get someone to fix the package
build. If you want to fix this immediately, you can always download the
espeak package from arch, which is different from the one sonar uses,
and probably doesn't have this problem. To do this, go to
packages.archlinux.org, enter espeak in the search box, and download
the package matching your cpu architecture, either 32 bit or 64 bit.
Thanks
Kendell clark