[orca-list] no sound in lightdm

I am doing an auto-install of ubuntu wily and I can't get the screen reader to work at the login screen. But I think it's that sound isn't working at all at the login screen. I don't hear the ubuntu drum beat. It could be that the volume is turned down because I hear that little popping noise you hear when sound is enabled. Does orca on the login screen use pulse? I know how to reconfigure my own orca settings but how do I do that for the lightdm greater?

--
John Heim
john johnheim com