[orca-list] Frustrated Newbie

I just finished a brand-spanking-new install of Ubuntu 14.04-3
courtesy of the Vinux Project, which comes up with Orca. Fine. So I
know very very little about Orca, so I went to the page recommended by
the introductory message to this list at
https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/Orca?action=show&redirect=Orca.
There I found  a page which was supposed to explain how to configure
it at https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca/ConfigurationUse - and what
did I find there? This page hasn't been created yet. OK, back to
Square One. Where to go to learn how to tame this new beast, change
volume level, various speech parms, how to disable it in startup and
possibly come up in a talking CLI window, etc.?