Re: [orca-list] Nuance voices in Linux

The ibmtts is the same voice called eloquence in windows. It was, maybe still is owned by nuance. It is
marketed as voxin for Linux and is available
from oralux. You can also get it for English from the Vinux project, and I believe Spanish and Portuguese
from the F123 folks.
It is a bit confusing as when configuring speech-dispatcher it is called ibmtts.
As for other voices it would probably take some doing that would probably include someone writing a
speech-dispatcher module and buying licenses in bulk
to resell, i.e. time and money, not to mention the organization of a website to resell said licenses and
distribute the actual software.
SSSSomeone who knows more about and hopefullly has personal experience using the other voices that can be
purchased from sextrol and another company
that slips my mind might chime in with information.
Those voices do have samples on their websites, but not sure about how well they actually work at this time,
or how well they ever worked on Linux for
that matter.
The voxin voices do generally work quite well.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Vojtěch Šmiro wrote:
Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 03:11:09PM +0100

   Hello.

   Is some way to purchase or try Nuance voices for Linux, for some
   distribution? If it is not now, is some hope to have it in future What is
   your opinion? Vocalizer TTS would not be bad for us.

   Thanks for your replies.

   Best regards

   Vojta.