Re: [orca-list] Converting text to mp3

Hi Vojta,

If you mean converting text to mp3 using text to speech yes it is
possible. I don't know if any of the free open source synths have the
right kind of tools since I have not tried them, but I know the
commercial Swift voices from Cepstral come with a command line tool
called Swift that can read text files aloud and convert them to wav.
From there it is a simple step to use lame etc to convert the wav
files to mp3. So what you want to do can certainly be done but since I
always use commercial voices and tools for this I'm not sure of any
free and open source alternatives at this point.

Cheers!