Re: [orca-list] ubuntu question

Hello,
Kendel was about to say that newer and updated drivers tent to take a little while to appear in Debian than they are added into Ubuntu and their repositories. It means you can perfectly use wireless connection when running Debian but if you happen to install Debian on somewhat exotic or super brand new hardware you may need to add wireless drivers your-self manually wen the system is fully installed.

Anyway if you do like Ubuntu's Unity desktop then I suggest you to stick with Ubuntu as Unity is not easily installable into other flavours of Linux. More over, Ubuntu is based off of Debian so you pretty much can do the same things with Ubuntu you were trying to do with Debian.

Greetings

Peter