Re: [orca-list] good news: accessibility in mate is improving

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 12:18:36AM -0500, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
Just an update on the status of mate 1.10's accessibility. A lot of
the issues that plague the gtk2 version of mate, apps not being able
to be run in a terminal without xterm, apps not being read by orca
when run as root, etc are fixed in the gtk3 version. However, the
desktop view is still inaccessible to orca. I'm going to get ahold of
the mate people about this tomorrow. Mate session manager now
optionally requires orca, so it should be easier for distro
maintainers to install it. This is looking good. I'm not sure when the
transition to gtk3 will be complete, probably in mate 1.12. When it
happens, if it's accessible sonar will switch over, since some of the
more annoying issues are fixed by gtk3 itself. The panel has several
regressions though so there's still work to be done.
Thanks for reading
Kendell clark

good news indeed. made my day.
Some doubs were floating, and waiting for people to test it out, thanks
for that.
Don't hesitate to report the panel bugs on the debian bug tracking
system if it applies, we'll take it also into consideration.
thanks again for the good news.
--
Ksamak
hypra.fr Team