[orca-list] strange problem with changing the speechsynthesizer

Hi List,

currently i m playing with the OpenmaryTTS cause it good quality voices.
while I play arround i found a strange problem in orca.

if i change the speechsyntisizer on the speech tab orca goes silent if i press OK.

than i reopen just the preference page an press the ok button again it speeks with the correct syntesizer.
can anyone reproduce that problem?
it seems something to do with the selected voice. if i explecitly select the voice after changing the synteser it seems to work if i press ok.

first i thought it has something to do with my generic speech driver. but this also happens if i change between ibmtts and espeak.
any ideas what could going wrong here?

i m using Arch with the current Orca 3.16x