Re: [orca-list] XBoard Accessibility

Hello,

h g muller hccnet nl, le Sun 02 Aug 2015 10:12:01 +0200, a écrit :
Op Vr, 31 juli, 2015 11:12 am schreef Samuel Thibault:
That is when a disabled user uses audio feedback.  Other disabled users
might be using braille, or whatever other kind of device to transmit text
to them, you can never know how that happens.  That's another reason why
the duty to choose how to transmit information is given to the screen
reader: that one was configure to transmit the information
the way the user can get it.

I admit I had not considered Braille output. But as Braille output is
similar in character to speech (namely sequential output of textual
information),

No, braille output is not similar to TTS, it's not sequential,
precisely. Casting a TTS interface into braille would be cumbersome for
a braille user. And as I said, you can never know how the user will
want the output. He may be using something even completely different
than braille or speech. That's why it's better to just provide the
information to the screen reader, and let it do the rendering in a
suitable way.

Samuel