Re: [orca-list] Speechd.conf editing problem for Voxin

Hi Glenn

If you don't install an application using apt or a .deb package, then
that application cannot be removed by apt (apt-get remove). If i'm not
mistaken, Voxin installer is not a .deb package, but a manual
installer; so you need to use the installer to remove Voxin.

On the other hand, to install Orca 3.2.0-xdesktop, you need to
manually compile it, because the repos have gnome 2.30 wich includes
Orca 2.30; so if you try to upgrade it, you'll get a more recent
version from branch 2.30, i.e. you'll be upgraded from 2.30.0 to
2.30.2.

Hi Again Luis & All,
I did get it rebooted into Ubuntu, and eSpeak is still talking.
Would it be bad to remove Voxin and re-install it, since I upgraded
Gnome-Orca after installing Voxin.
My thought is that if I uninstalled Voxin, and then reinstalled it, it might

work.
I wonder if I can run:
sudo apt-get remove voxin

Glenn