Re: [orca-list] viewing slideshows

Orca will at best be peripheral here.  You'll need an accessible scanner
package for g.u.i. environment that can make files on your hard drive in
o.c.r. format at least.  If ou will need to understand graphics on those
slides mathematics majors and engineers and systems analysis will, maybe
you will be able to get useful output from graphvis package from those
raw input files but you would do well to know graphvis now or know
someone who can teach it to you as you attempt to read those files.
Charts and tables are more useful than graphics especially for braille
display users.  An application that could read a graph in from a file
and convert that graph to a table/chart would open up all kinds of
s.t.e.m. employment possibilities for blind people in a hurry.  The
problem for such an app would be the quality of the translation;
Microsoft and the Federal Government ran into this problem since Federal
Managers used Powerpoint before Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and
Microsoft's decision to remove outlyers and also not inform the
preparers of Powerpoint slides that those outlyers were removed or give
the preparers the option to restore those outlyers killed people during
that Hurricane in New Orleans.  Federal Managers had no business using
fault tollerant hardware; fault tollerant operating systems, or fault
tollerant software in preparing life at risk presentations for anyone
let alone the Congress.  Even without use of fault intollerant software,
the issue remains how much of what gets translated into the table or
chart for good to excellent quality and I wouldn't want to have to make
those decisions.