[orca-list] clickables that appear to do nothing

I often use
Voice of America special-English media in my English classes, and for the first time since the new orca
changes
in navigation have been introduced went to a VOA-SE site to download some material for a student.
Every word in the article is spoken as clickable, but nothing that orca can see seems to happen when one
tries to interact
with one of these clickables. I think that one is supposed to be ablue to get a deffinition of any word in
these texts as
they are intended for those who are learning English, but hearing clickable text for each word readmakes the
page pretty
much unusable.
I'd neverthought of pages such as this, but this is not the only site with something similar. Some method
must be
inplemented to turn off these announcements of clickable when they are of no value to the reader, or some
users will
certainly have a rather annoying problem to say the least.
I did try with carrot browsing on and off, and tried to stick focus mode in case these would have some
effect, but they
did not.
Here's a page where you can find this behavior.
http://learningenglish.voanews.com/content/security-privacy-debate-after-photo-hacked/2439141.html
Just navigate down to the main article below the download and print links and use up and down arrows to read.
If there is some way to avoid the announcement of clickable for material like this, please let me know about
it.
I really do not know if this would be hard to control, but I think a shortcut to toggle announcement of
clickables would
be very useful.
--
B.H.