Re: [orca-list] Mate Session in Arch Linux and Orca

I've not had these problems, but will retest later/having hardware issues, hopefully it's just a drop of
condensation that will dry out later today/having tropical storm fallout here/hasn't stopped raining
completely for close to two days/very high humidity.
As for the panel, you can get more information with control f1 when an applet is in focus on your bottom
panel, or where ever you said you had your panel.
There usually is nothing in the notifications area though, at least for me this is the case. Remember that
orca has key-bindings to show current and last message, as well as one to show a list of notifications.
I have to use tab on a couple applets because I interact with the applet instead of navigating around the
panel as usual if I use arrows. These are the volume control, volume is changed if I use arrows when it's
focused, and the other's the alternative menu applet, think it has gnome in it's name, says it adds some
extra functionality to the default main menus or similar in its description.
The skype applet, and I am pretty sure at least one more do not release focus once you navigate to them, i.e.
your panel becomes unreadable with orca when these applets are focused until the application is closed and
the item leaves the panel.
I have about a dozen applets altogether on my bottom panel, which is the only panel I have for obvious
reasons. All work pretty well with orca, and this is a 64bit arch installation.
The weather applets require the control f1 keystroke to get them to say anything useful, and you have to
click on details to get more than a short phrase like "light rain". The timer says nothing, even after
pressing control f1, but opened it is accessible.
HTH
--
B.H.\