[orca-list] Correction/ orca -s/alt method to start global prefs does not seem to exist

I did not bother to look for any output ironiously thinking that my terminal emulator would announce error
messages, but this was not the case when I
ran orca -s. I tried with -S as well just in case. This option does not exist according to terminal msg and
man page, and I'd never heard of it until
someone published it in a list msg here in the last few hours.
Is there any way to iniciate orca global prefs interface besides the keybinding? I know about orca -t and
have used it in emergency situations over the
years, but I'm talking about the full interface or an equivalent, and no, I'm not interesting in hand editing
the dozens of options that one might want
to change...lol, least not this week.
Again, for those who've not read the other thread, I can't open global prefs in fluxbox on arch-linux, and
think this the case on
Ubuntu, at least in the case of vinux4.0 I have the same issue when in fluxbox. (not recommended as a
fulltime gui for precise/vinux4 anyway as firefox
and thunderbird are  unusable with speech, as is the case with mate version available for these releases.)
Again, Trev, or anyone else who can open orca global prefferences from fluxbox, please let us know
distro/release and anything that might be helpful in
understanding the behavior here.
Will debug soon/sorry for the repeated iinformation, but thought I might as well include it along with the
correction in case folks were not reading the
other conversation.