Re: [orca-list] beeps on progress bar updates, thoughts?

Hi,
I would also like to see this in Orca. Unfortunatelly, I can't think about good sound generator in python except for something from Scipy or Numpy.
Vojta

On 21.11.2014 11:54, Mallard wrote:
> Yes, please!
> I'm an NVDA user, and i love that.
>
> I like the ability to chose between speech, beeps or both (I have both at the moment).
> I wish it were possible to implement this in Orca too.
> Ciao,
> Ollie
>

> Il 21/11/2014 08:17, kendell clark ha scritto:

hi all
I've been wanting this feature for a bit,  but I'm not sure if anyone
else wants it. One feature of nvda I do like, is the ability to beep
on progress bar updates instead of speaking. I'd like something like
this in orca, but don't know how easy or hard this would be to
implement. It's worth noting that if this does happen, it will
supplement and not replace speaking on progress bar updates. Does
anyone have any opinions on this? I thought about eventually having a
shortcut, probably bound to orca+p to switch between speaking of
progress bar updates, the default, to beeping, to both beeping and
speaking, to off. This might have to be different on laptop mode
layouts, I'm not sure if orca+p is used for something. Is there a
tutorial on the web somewhere I can look at to implement? I can write
this myself if it's not too difficult. I don't know how to call orca
settings functions to add this to the gui preferences, and to bind it
to a keyboard shortcut. Is there good orca documentation on this?
This would, of course, have to be reconfigurable by the user in orca's
keyboard shortcut settings
I was picturing messages such as, speak on progress bar updates, beep
on progress bar updates, beep and speak ... etc, and finally, no
progress bar updates.
Thanks
Kendell clark