Re: [orca-list] Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0 Released!

Hi,

When you boot the live image, and just wait about a minute, the desktop will load; orca may take another minute or so after that. I use usb. dvd may take longer. orca will start talking. If you hear nothing after about 3 minutes, make sure your sound is not muted or turned down. My machines have a volume wheel and media keys. If you have sound, but no speech, try manually starting orca with either 'ctrl+super+s' or typing the orca command line into the run dialogue ('alt+f2', then 'orca', then 'press enter'). When the system is running, use 'ctrl+alt+tab' to cycle between panel and desktop; 'alt+tab' for window switching; 'alt+f1' for menus (top-most menu may not speak; use arrows). Panel indicator applet has battery, network, time, and volume widgits.

Need more help?

Dave  Hunt.

email:  dhunt freedommail co

Tel:  339 368 3942