Re: [orca-list] orca with pulse audio

kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:
I know I've been spamming the list lately and I'll do my best to cut back, but I just had to post this
somewhere. Orca
work just fine with pulseaudio, for the most part. The problem comes when you attempt to access a virtual
console with
speakup, whether it be via espeakup or speechd-up.

Just as a point of interest, if I run Orca on my laptop and then switch to a
virtual terminal, I can use Speakup with ESpeakup, with PulseAudio running.
Debian is configured to route everything through PulseAudio, including the
default ALSA device, if I remember correctly. The sound card is an on-board
Intel audio controller, fairly standard laptop hardware.

Of course, braille support with BRLTTY works everywhere and can seamlessly
switch between Orca and the console.