Re: [orca-list] sonar manjaro

This is not really the place for distro specific/non-orca questions. Perhaps someone can write you off list
with specific
help, but if you use google or similar you can find outif there are any specific skype packages or issues for
manjaro. As
manjaro is an arch dirivative however I assume you can use most any arch package, and there are a number of
versions of
skype available. I've never gotten the skype interface to talk to Orca however on my 64bit arch system. I
have the
required qt packages, but no go. This is not so important to me as I already had a working skype installation
on Vinux,
and copied my ~/.skype directory over to arch. This means my user information and configuration were ready to
go. Other
wise I'd hae needed sighted help to enter this data on first start.
There are skype helper aps that make doing most skype tasks doable under Linux doable with out actually
directly using the
skype interface. I reccommend skcmd available from github as well as the skype for pidgin plugin. There's
also a package
called clisk.
Pidgin, the skype plugin for it and skype itself are available in standard arch interfaces, and if you enable
the multilib
repo in your pacman.conf file you can install the standard, and probably best for you and most users skype
package found
there. Other alt builds will likely be problematic, and much harder, especially as a new Linux user.
So once the repo is enabled, you can install like any other standard package from the commandline, i.e.
pacman -S skype
run as root.

Don't forget to update before doing this, especially if you've not had the multilib repo enabled before.
--
B.H.