Re: [orca-list] paldo linux

According to Pavel Vlček:
# When I download the iso file and burn it to a dvd, what must I do, when
# the live system boots? I need to start orca and have it accessible.

Once the live CD is booted and GNOME is running, you will hear a musical
chord. After that, you can press alt+super+s to start Orca. After
installation, it's slightly different, as you will not hear the chord
when the login screen appears. Pressing the Orca shortcut still works
however, just give it a minute to boot. Then, once you've logged in, you
will hear the chord, at which point you can press the shortcut again.
You will want to press alt+f2 and enter
sudo pkill speech-dispatch
to keep the CPU from maxing out. It's the speech-dispatcher bug biting
us here. The permenant work-around is to add the
pkill speech-dispatch
line to both /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default and /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default.

# How to search for updates from terminal?

sudo upkg-upgrade

This command will tell you all the packages that can be updated on a
running Paldo system, either the live CD or installed. It will give you
the opportunity to either abort the upgrade and return to the command
prompt, or to go ahead and upgrade to the latest versions of all packages.

If you are simply trying to find an application package to install on
the system, you will have better luck searching from paldo.org, as
upkg-search is quite verbose, and searches for files as well as packages
that match your search. Hope this helps
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--