[orca-list] Voxin won't install

Hi,
I installed Vinux 4.0, the DVD version onto my laptop.
I then installed Voxin 0.58 and it acted like it installed and I was given
the message that it would be available on the next start, so I shut down and
restarted.
It went back to eSpeak.
I looked in Orca preferences, and in voice, there was no IBM to choose from.
Then I installed Voxin 0.53, and it did the same, even after a restart.
So I reinstalled 0.58, and it acted as before, and still, eSpeak is the only
synth available.
Does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks for any help.
Glenn