Re: [orca-list] Linux mint

The standard Linux Mint running the Cinnamon desktop doesn't work with
Orca at all. Although Cinnamon is said to be a fork of GNOME, the Nemo
file manager is the only part that talks, and it only works when Nemo is
run as a replacement desktop/file manager in another desktop environment
such as GNOME or XFCe. Some have speculated that Cinnamon is essentially
an earlier version of GNOME 3.x with the accessibility stack removed,
but I can't confirm or deny that; all I know is that Cinnamon and Orca
don't work together, even on an Arch system where I already had GNOME
installed and attempted to switch to a Cinnamon session.

If Linux Mint seems attractive, but you need Orca to work, you could try
the MATE spin or try Linux Mint Debian Edition, which may possibly run
GNOME, although I'm not sure off the top of my head which desktop
environment it uses. Hope this helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--