Re: [orca-list] starting orca at login screen

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014, at 06:45 PM, Don Raikes wrote:
Hello,

I am testing Oracle Linux 7 beta, and want to know how I can get orca to
start at the login screen.
If you are using the gnome shell greeter, there is an accessibility icon
on the top pannel. If you click on this, a dropdown occurrs and one of
the choices is screen reader or orca i can't remember. I used to know
the keyboard commands todo this without speech but have forgotten. If
you can get sighted help to check this box it would get you an
accessible session. Also make sure you disable orca speech with insert+s
before you press enter after typing your password. Speech should come
back on automatically assuming you have this box checked in universal
access. The reason you must do this is there is a bug that causes speech
dispatcher to eat a lot of cpu cycles if it is talking when the session
transfers from the greeter to the logged in user.

Package versions:

Gnome 3.8.4

Gdm 3.8.4-7

Orca 3.6.3