[orca-list] using Ubuntu 13.10

Hi,
I reinstalled Ubuntu 13.10 onto my flash card, only I removed the
persistence file, so I would get the same experience every time I booted up.
If I like it, I will install it.
I want to know if Unity is supposed to be accessible.
Also, as it was mentioned, Super key, or super + alt + S did not start
speech at the window where I choose between try Ubuntu or install it.
Only control + S brought it up.
But should I install Gnome desktop, before installing to my laptop?
I have found Unity to be sporadic with speech output.            I am
looking at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility

which gives instructions for installing Gnome desktop.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn