[orca-list] fluxbox accessibility

I am always looking for how to speed things up on my netbook, and generally am interested in helping those
who can't come
by the latest and greatest hardware to have a productive accessible Linux experience. Finally I have gotten
around to
trying fluxbox, and it certainly works well most of the time when it works,, e.g. firefox performs better
than it does on
the Desktop invironments I've tried; and instead of waiting 20 seconds before I hear screenreader on as is
the case with
Mate or XFCE Orca's ready to go in 10 secs or less. (and I can't start workin the instant I hear orca on the
full featured
desktops either as stuff is still loading)
Anyway, several programs do not show Orca what it needs it seems, programs that are normally accessible with
no issues. No
terminal emulator has worked for me yet, pidgin also isn't showing me anything, and neither caja nor pcmanfm
"talk" to me.
Rhythmbox, mangler, mumble, teamtalk client, and a few others are working very well so far.
Has anyone figured anything out to improve interaction between fuxbox and orca, or orca and any of these
troublesome aps
when using fluxbox?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.