Re: [orca-list] How do I change the orca keybindings to be exactly like Jaws?

Hi Isaac,

Might I suggest that before installing Ubuntu or some other
distribution, you do a bit more research on it? Google is invaluable
for this kind of thing, and you can probably find answers to most of
your questions there. Also, it may be benificial for you to try out
Linux in a VM (that is, a virtual machine), on Windows before actually
installing it, or do install alongside Windows in a dual-boot setup,
if that is not what you're already planning to do. I won't go into
virtual machines here, but two good clients you can try are VirtualBox
and VMWare Player, both free. As for you're original question, under
the Orca preferences dialog there is a keybindings tab, which you can
navigate to by using the left and right arrows on the tab list, which
should be the first thing you see when opening the dialog. there will
be a list of functions separated into categories, bound, unbound and
modified, which you can up and down arrow through. when you find a key
you'd like to change press enter on it until you here "enter new key"
and type the key you'd like to assign to that function, then press
enter again. When all is said and done press the ok button. Remember
that Orca does not operate the same way that JAWS, or any Windows
screen reader for that matter, does, so you're not going to get the
exact same behavior. You should probably read up a bit on the orca
documentation, and that of gnome and other graphical programs you
intend to use. Vinux has a wiki with a lot of good information, might
want to give it a look.