From: Luke Yelavich [mailto:themuso ubuntu com]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 3:55 PM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: 'Luke Yelavich'; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] DoubleTalk on USB

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 03:55:07AM EST, Alex Midence wrote:
I wonder what sound system would drive a hardware synth.  Is the Pulse
audio versus Alsa issue even a concern if one has an external synthesizer?

Hardware synths would probably be considered embedded devices and would only
have the minimum hardware to perform the task, so whilst there is firmware,
there wouldn't be an operating system as such, given the device only
performs one task.

Pulse/ALSA have nothing to do with externally connected hardware
synthesizers.

Luke