[orca-list] Where are application preferences in GNOME 3.10?

I feel silly for having to ask this, but neither my investigations nor my Google searches have revealed an answer. Are application-specific preferences no longer available in GNOME 3.10 standard apps?

I recently jumped ship from Ubuntu 13.10 running 3.8, to Fedora 20 running 3.10. One of my first orders of business was to try changing Totem's playback preferences to keep its position in files. I checked the Edit submenu where preferences usually are, no luck.

Next I tried changing Gedit's preference to not create backup files, since I hate having a bunch of Filename~ files littering my filesystem. Again, went to Edit, no sign of preferences. I looked around in every submenu I could think of, no luck.

Anyhow, I've found Pidgin's preferences, but Pidgin isn't a GNOME standard app. Was there a GNOME interface guidelines change that moves preferences somewhere else? Or is it some sort of odd access issue? I've googled, but I don't immediately see anyone else having this issue.

Thanks.