Re: [orca-list] orca and tables

Hey José.

On 02/25/2014 07:24 AM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Hi all.
I don't know if this behavior is a bug or is by design.

It is by design.

When navigating in a table using alt+shift+left/right, orca reads
the head of the cell if it is present. However this doesn't happen if I
press alt+shift+down/up.

If there is a row header, it should present it. But it will not repeat
the column header when the column header has not changed. That would be
unnecessarily chatty. After all, if you were in the Foo column and gave
the command to move up to the previous row in the Foo column, it is
assumed that you know you are still in the Foo column. If you cannot
remember what column you are in, Where Am I should provide that detail.

HTH.
--joanie