Re: [orca-list] Which wordprocessor works best with orca?

By wordprocessor I'm guessing you are meaning something like ms-word, not a text editor.
Libreoffice is the default office suite on many Linux distros these days, and libreoffice writer works very
well, no ribbons to deal with and it handles a wide range of document formats including the ms junk and the
open source equivalents, as well as legacy formats, txt and so forth. It has a daisy plug-in also if you need
to create daisy books and has a wide range of translations and dictionaries if you work in more than one
language.
I find it performs better than ms-word most of the time, and Orca falls somewhere between nvda and
proprietary readers as far as functionality goes with the office suirte, but is snappier on average.
Openoffice probably works well also, but I've not used it since shortly after libreoffice forked off of the
open office project.
Most of the other lighter weight office suites are not accessible from what I know.
There are several very good and power text editors. I think gedit is best for over all use, and if you get
plug-ins for it can do a lot.
Bluefish is a good programmer oriented editor, and mousepad's not bad.
There are several command line editors you wshould get familiar with as well if you plan on really getting in
to Linux, but this is one area where the GUI programs really rock.
--
B.H.