Re: [orca-list] trying Zorin

Glenn / Lenny <glennervin cableone net> wrote:
Well I gave Zorin a good go.
I was only able to get Orca going when I had to have someone click out of a
"do not show this window again" on the main screen.
I had to enter a terminal and type in orca.
I could call it up after logging out with control + S.
The desktop was nothing like anything, only a home icon, a trash icon and a
documents icon.

I don't think little-known distributions are likely to be accessible unless
they're specifically designed for accessibility.

This particular one I've never heard of anywhere.

If they package GNOME with no or few modifications then it might all just work
with Orca as is. In fact, I understand that this is how Arch Linux works: they
have a policy of keeping modifications of upstream releases to a minimum. This
strategy seems to work well.