Re: [orca-list] beginning work on an NVDA like controller

hi
I think I've partially answered my own question. If you try to import
orca modules, particularly orca.speech, orca will freeze until you
close the window containing python. Now I have another question. How
in the world would I write an orca controller  with dbus? The only
application I know automatically speaks new incoming text is pidgin,
and I don't understand how it does this. Joanie, can you help at all
with this? Ideally since you're one of the orca devs you could write
it but I will not ask that, since you're busy with enough things, but
some pointers might help. I'm totally lost here.
Thanks
Kendell clark

kendell clark wrote:
hi This is way, way over my head. Sigh, and I thought this wouldn't
be too difficult. Is there any reason why you can't import orca
modules directly? It's python code, so should be straightforward.

I cannot write c code, and experience has shown me no one else
here will do it, so if I can't figure this out this might not
happen. I basically want orca to speak. If I have to use dbus, I
can, but c or c++ is way out of my skillset Thanks Kendell clark

Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello, Well I am afraid this is not as easy as it originally
appears. If you are about to access and use orca functionality
from other projects you can't import orca modules. Probably the
most linux like approach would be writing a dbus interface in
orca and a small library preferably coded in pure C interfacing
to orca through dbus.

I think this might be considered translating what NVDA and NVDA
controller library do on Windows to use linux specific
technologies for the same task.

Greetings

Peter